Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Nut ♥

Today is Hayden's 4th Birthday.

Wasn't she just this tiny little thing that I brought home from the hospital and stared at, not being able to believe that she was mine? I certainly had no idea what was in store for me over the next four years. 

Little toes ♥
One of my all time favorites ♥
I remember those days like they were yesterday but they suddenly and sadly seem so far away. I miss that tiny little precious baby. I miss sitting quietly while she lay on my chest and softly slept. I miss caressing the top of her little head with my lips, thinking there couldn't possibly be anything softer. It's amazing she had any hair at all up there. So many kisses. 

She grew so fast and turned into a little spit fire with a flair for fashion. 

Always in a tutu. Always.
Before too long, she also became the greatest big sister on the planet when we welcome Lucy into our lives in January of 2010. It was instant love, an unwritten bond, a promise to always side with each other against the evil forces known as Momma and Daddy. 

The Holloway Girls

They started their adventures with each other right away and grew into a quite a pair of rascals. There is no shortage of tutu's, pink, sparkly things or laughter in our house. Ever. My little Peanut was growing fast and turning into a sweet little girl right before my eyes. 

All piggies, all the time.



My baby girl.
I haven't spent much  any time around children in my life. I was an only child and even though I had cousins, there were no little kids. I think one of my biggest surprises of motherhood was the fact that children will entertain you 100% of the time. They are amazingly sweet, incredibly innocent and completely hysterical. 

There have been some bumps and bruises along the way. And one Blue One

Love♥
Princess Chef Hayden...taking a call.

Hayden's heart is filled with love, joy and adventure. For that and for all that she is and all that she will become, I am so proud of her.

Bushwhacking. In a skirt. MY kid.

The Official "I'm a Hiker" pose.

My beautiful little girl.

So grown up.
Happy Birthday, Hayden. You are my best heart ever ♥

4.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...