Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm a little pee-pot...

Saturday I was home alone with the girls and feeling a bit under the weather. I was sitting on the couch and Lucy was watching Elmo. Or Dora. Or Tangled. Or Nemo. Or whatever I shoved in the TV to try and get myself a few quiet moments.

Suddenly it was *too quiet*. You moms know what I'm talking about. The *too quiet* that means something bad is happening and you are going to discover it 20 seconds too late.

I get up and go in to Hayden's room. There she is, pants and underwear down around her ankles, one hand on her dresser for support, squatting over her little pink musical teapot trying to go potty.

What the hell do you say to that? "Nice aim?!" While the mom in me was horrified, the backpacker girl that dwells within had a heart swelled with pride over her aim and squatting abilities. That's my girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...