Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Big Day

Hayden started preschool today. I am still in shock about this as I'm certain my little Peanut can not yet be old enough to be in school!

She has been looking forward to this for weeks on end, knowing that she would be doing lots of writing and reading and learning. Her favorite book at home this summer was a Pre-K workbook that Brad bought for her at Costco. She'd spend hours tracing numbers and letters, connecting dots and problem-solving.

The benefit for us (well, for me really) that helped ease my anxiety about school is that she is able to attend preschool at Mindy's house which means no change of venue and she and Lucy will remain in the same location.

I bought Hayden a few little outfits and new dresses thinking she would like to wear them on the first day. Alas, she wanted to wear an old hand-me-down Hello Kitty dress with a hole in it, paired with a bright blue bow. She sure worked it though...always striking a pose. I'm not entirely sure what is going on with Lucy, who also picked out her own 4th of July outfit for the occasion. *sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...