Thursday, June 7, 2012

*THUD*

*THUD* is the sound that Hayden's face makes when it hits the floor. A couple of nights ago she fell out of bed. I heard the *thud* and then the crying which turned from regular crying to "owie crying" really fast. I got out of bed to find she met me in the hallway and she was covered in blood.

Don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out.

Blood in her hair, all over her face, down her chin, in her hair, all over her pretty little Tinkerbell nightgown, all over her hands. Poor little blond waif standing in front of me bleeding out and she says "Momma, I didn't do anything. I wasn't jumping on the bed." Ughhhhh break my heart!

We got her cleaned up in the bathroom and discovered the source was a bloody nose and two split lips. Poor little munchkin. She must have completely broken the fall with that sweet face. She whimpered, more because she was scared than hurt, but she held the cold washcloth to her face to keep the bleeding contained. After a change of clothes and a drink of milk, she snuggled back into bed with her bloodstained hair wrapped into a bun on the top of her head. She fell back asleep in no time flat.

In the morning, she was...puffy. Her little Angelina-like lips are big to begin with. The instant you add any type of injury or dry skin, they POOF beyond belief. She almost looks like a Toddler & Tiara contestant that some crazy-ass stage mom injected with Botox.

Smoochy smoochy
She kept bugging out here eyes when I tried to take a picture. This was actually the evening following the night she fell. I loaded them up with Lansinoh ointment because I find it to be a miracle cure. Poor little Nut.

They were better this morning...and she's happy, she got some Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream out of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...