Saturday, October 27, 2012

Parenting: Illustrated With Crappy Pictures

Several weeks ago, one of my most favorite blogs on the planet held a little contest. Amber at Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures asked her readers to submit a story that they would like to see "crappified". She would then select three winners and use their stories, her pictures, and create magic. 

Illustration by Amber Dusick

I submitted a couple of stories because I happen to think the my children are hilarious. When I received the email that she picked on of my stories, I was so stinking happy that I couldn't see straight. I think my return email to her was something along the lines of "OMFGHAHAHAHHAOMGHAHAHAHA"...or something.

So anywho ~ she selected one of the favorite stories from Hayden when she was learning to talk. Here is Amber's post: 

Ridiculous   The story was the brief explanation I gave to Amber, the drawings are all her.

This is so getting printed out and hung on a wall. A huge thank you to Amber!

p.s. This blog has just sort of been my place to keep stories I want to remember and show my girls when they grow up. I was fine with Amber posting the blog link to the post she did but I did not expect 1700 visitors to show up in two days. So...hello people that came to visit! Since I know you are here from Crappy Pictures...I know you are fabulous and funny because the comments on her blog are just as great as the blog most days!


2 comments:

  1. I am one of the 1700 (!) new fans from the (awesome) crappy blog, and I have to say I LOVE your blog. Your kids must be so much fun, and you are HILARIOUS. Spit-your-cofee-on-the-screen hilarious. And real. Which is why I will be stalking, oops I mean checking back here often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thank you so much and welcome! :) I happen to think my kids are completely fun and hilarious (mostly) which is the reason I started this blog to begin with - so I don't forget their antics. Glad to have you stalking, er...checking back!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...